Thursday, November 1, 2012

BPI Express Assistant (BEA)

One of the recent most noticeable changes to the way BPI handles their customers is this. A touch-screen console which serves as a great replacement to the old Deposit/Withdrawal Slip, etc.
I like this new system not only because it makes it faster and more convenient but also because it's not hard to use. Fonts and buttons on the console are large enough to be read by anyone and the layout, the overall programming of options, the step by step approach to get your idea across thru the terminal, has obviously been thought about thoroughly. It then dispenses a cue number for you and all you have left to do is wait.
It would hardly take seconds or maybe a few minutes at max for one to figure out how it works. Truly a user friendly experience.

But like all else, it has this itchy downside that would need to be scratched. Sadly, there are consoles which haven't been calibrated or have been calibrated the wrong way. Having been familiar with some other touch-screen devices, I just tried to adjust my fingers to adopt to the miscalibration. However, most of the other people had too much of a hard time using it.

If in case the people of BPI are reading this, I hope they realize that the people they are paying to assist people with the new BEA system should be able to do real-time calibration. What's the use of having two consoles in one branch if one ain't calibrated? XD

Ultimately, I appreciate the effort. It's a good step. . .Y'know. . . As long as we ignore the miscalibrations. :3

2 comments:

  1. I have a BPI atm savings account, and yes, I am quite satisfied with their service. In the 10 or so years that I've had my current BPI savings account, I count only 2 major mistakes and 1 mistake with my GF's (now my wife) account. Those were correctable mistake by the way. So all in all, a pretty impressive batting average if you count all the transactions I have made against those 2-3 mistakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOT!!! Gratz!!! So... why wasn't I invited to the wedding? O.o

    JK. lol.

    ReplyDelete