Friday, December 4, 2015

Bayantel DSL is a scam

Or it might as well be.

I subscribed to their unlimited P1,299 monthly package and it was installed Dec 1, 2015. The package consisted of a landline and 2 mbps internet per month. I was attracted to their absolutely "no data cap" internet promise. Today is Dec 5, 2015 -- of the 5 days total I've been subscribed to Bayantel DSL, 3 days are "intermittent internet service" -- currently it is OFF. ZERO mbps. Flatline. It is DEAD. I've been loading my stupid Smartbro pocket wifi to get internet (now data-capped at 800 mb), while I am subscribed to an "unlimited" plan -- how stupid is that? So yeah, if you are going to buy the Bayantel DSL UNLIMITED internet promise know that what they are actually selling is actually unlimited FRUSTRATION!


-------------------


UPDATE:

After that one week of TOTAL FRUSTRATION, Bayantel was finally able to hook my internet as advertised. I am now counting 2 weeks straight of ZERO internet disruption, at 2 mbps, and absolutely no data cap -- I would know, SmartBro's 800 mb data cap means I lose internet at 9 am (you read that right, 9 in the morning). Definitely getting what I am paying for. Not going to edit out my initial assessment above however, because I still believe it is highly unprofessional to take one week to hook up an internet connection. But hey, right now, I am HAPPY with Bayantel internet connection.


UPDATE: First billing

Got my first billing from BayanTel today. Apparently, because I complained vehemently for the days when I had no internet, I did not have to pay for those days.

1 comment: