Sunday, February 13, 2022

How to fix blurry / low resolution webcam

After about 2 months of non-use, my daughter’s webcam was suddenly giving out what appears to be low resolution video. 


I Googled a possible fix to this, and found some articles about changing settings, etc. None of them worked. I even reinstalled the drivers from the manufacturer. Tweaked settings in Windows, still, no dice.


But I know that the webcam is ok. It worked the last time it was used for online classes, end of school year.


I checked again, wiped it with a cotton handkerchief, still low resolution video. One last try, I used a cotton bud dipped in alcohol and used it to thoroughly clean the lens. And just like that, good as new!


Remember, your webcam is autofocus. This means, even one speck of dust that might not be big enough for us to see might be enough for your webcam to focus on that speck of dust, thereby rendering everything else in the background as low resolution. I hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment