Sunday, September 2, 2012

3G Wireless-N Broadband Router


Because I am a Smart Bro prepaid usb plug-it subscriber, it became necessary for me to find a way to split my internet service once we had more than one computer in the house. Luckily, CDR King had such a device. The named for it's function "3G Wireless-N Broadband Router".

At 1,380.00 Php, this device has paid for itself as it has served me well for more than a year now. And yes, it is still working just fine. You do not get to insert that CDR King joke in here. Not for this device at least.

The initial set-up, however, can be a little tricky. This is not plug and play. As for the instructions that come with the device, it was like it was written originally in Chinese then poorly translated into English. And I have only so much patience.

Thankfully there aren't too many customers at the CDR King Robinson's Fairview mall where I bought mine. And their technical support was only too happy to set it up for me. Do not forget to have the technician also install a password. The declared range of this small wifi router is 100 meters. So unless you feel your neighbors deserve the free wifi, a password is in order. Anyway, you only need to input the password key once for each computer.

1 comment:

  1. I had the similar need when my brother has a laptop and I jokingly said to my sister that I will be getting a WiFi router if she gets a smartphone. She did, and when my brother started term papers since enrolling in that State U, I had to eat my words and buy the router.

    I started like you did, going in CDR-King shops. My internet is set up as postpaid Smartbro (999 pesos a month, using a WiMax rig, but that is another story) and when I mentioned it to the salesperson, she asked me the serial number of my internet box. Surprised at the question, I asked her and found that lest I provide the right type of router I might have compatibility problems. They have a list of products in an Excel file in-store, although I can't phone someone from home to give me the serial number, I ended up buying TP-Link.

    TP-Link routers range from 950-1400 pesos and feature free tech support[(632)-4120000].

    -unpaid by any products mentioned-

    ReplyDelete